Well hello! Whether you are new around here or have been part of this journey for awhile, I wanted to write a quick hello to you, my fellow journaling friends. Sometimes things can become a bit impersonal in the “about me and my business” page, so I wanted you to learn a few fun facts about me. What makes me tick and why this stuff matters so much to me: journaling, family, Colorado, and a little bit about my past and where I want this business to go!
- My husband Todd and I met in 2015 through mutual friends at a Colorado Rapids game. We were married in 2018 and had our sweet Jack in 2020. It’s truly been the BEST years of my life.
- The most important thing in my life is my 1 1/2 year old son, Jack, who is the light of my life and the sweetest gift. I have realized this year, more than ever, how incredibly grateful and lucky I am to have him.
- My family and I live outside of Denver, CO and I love living here so much. You can find me soaking in the best of Colorado: hiking often or enjoying a new local brewery on the weekends.
- Travel will always be a huge part of my life – I’ve traveled to over 35 countries and 6 continents.
- My bucket list is loooong, but I feel lucky to have ticked a lot off the list. Want to check out my “Life List” as I call it, you can find it HERE (and the blog posts are linked to read more about each adventure in detail!)
- I used to always say “I am a runner” and I don’t really know if I can call myself that much anymore. I ENJOY running! In the past 10 years I have run 1 marathon and many half marathons. But, in the two years I’ve really changed my workout routine to incorporate more strength training and yoga vs running 5 days a week like I used to. I now run probably 1 day a week and still really enjoy that. I am a recent Peloton convert and can’t say enough good things about it.
- I love coffee so much. Pouring myself a cup of coffee in the morning (after I have mug of hot lemon water!) is basically one of my favorite parts of the day.
- I’ve been featured a few times in the travel section of The Huffington Post, which seriously thrills me so much to this day!
- I’m born and raised in Huntington Beach, CA which is where most of my family lives today, so we visit often. I miss the beach and my friends/family, but that is about it 😉
- Ya wanna know what lights me up? Seeing people write, create, draw, doodle and use their journals. I LOVE this stuff, and have over 20 travel and personal journals, all written in and doodled on over the years. All packed full of so many memories, and I love looking back on them. I know this idea works, I can’t wait to see where it goes!
I know as this company continues to grow, so will I! But I’m excited to share a little about me right now. Want to read more about the journals and how it all started? You can find the ABOUT PAGE HERE!